Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan®
The Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® is an ideal solution to help bridge that gap between federal loans and the cost of your education expenses.
The Smart Option Student Loan® features and benefits:
- Competitive interest rates
- Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available - like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward credit worthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Fast Online Application. Our easy-to-complete application takes about 20 minutes.
- 24/7 online account management
- No prepayment penalties
Applying is quick and easy. Complete the secure online application today.
Federal Financial Aid
Haven’t applied for Federal Financial Aid yet? That’s the first step in the college funding process. Below are steps to follow when applying:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be obtained by calling
1-800-4FEDAID or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Applications are accepted and processed after January 1 of the year in which you plan to attend school.
2. You will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) 6-8 weeks after filing a FAFSA.
3. If you qualify for financial aid, you will also receive an Award Letter from the school you will be attending.