Candidates Needed for Associate Director, Supervisory Committee
The Ideal Credit Union Board of Directors is accepting applications for Supervisory Committee and Associate Director positions. Interested members should apply no later than August 8th to be considered.
How to apply
Associate Directors will have the duties and responsibilities to participate in training and discussions during committee and monthly Board of Director meetings. The term of each Ideal Credit Union Associate Director shall not exceed thirteen (13) months.
To be eligible you must:
- Own at least one fully paid share in Ideal CU, and
- Be at least 18 years of age, and
- Be bondable by Ideal Credit Union's fidelity bond company, and
- Not have caused a previous loss to Ideal Credit Union, and
- Not have a past criminal history causing doubt as to the safety or security of Ideal Credit Union, its employees or assets, and
- Not be a current employee of Ideal Credit Union or be a relative of a current: employee, Director, Associate Director or Supervisory Committee member. A relative is any person who is related by blood or marriage or whose relationship is similar to that of persons related by blood or marriage, and
- Not be a chief executive officer, president, manager, treasurer/manager, or director of another Federal or State Chartered Bank or Credit Union.
The primary function of the Supervisory Committee is to oversee ongoing reviews and audits to ensure that credit union records are maintained properly, honestly, and accurately; that policies established by law and by the Board of Directors are carried out faithfully; and that members' assets are safeguarded and used according to the purposes of the credit union. Required skills and abilities include:
- Ability to read basic financial statement
- Ability to critically examine and question
- Understanding of credit union's internal controls
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations
- Aware of all volunteer and credit union employee functions
Qualified candidates would serve in this highly confidential capacity for approximately six (6) months Committee members normally meet 6-10 hours per month during regular business hours.
If you are interested in either of these positions, respond no later than August 8, 2014.