Activities don't have to go by the wayside if your family is on a budget! Consider these 10 budget ideas to spend more time outside with your family this summer:
- Play basketball or tennis at a neighborhood park.
- Attend a free public outdoor concert at local parks.
- Take advantage of hiking and biking trails in your area.
- Visit your local zoo during discount days.
- Throw a potluck barbecue with friends and offer several outdoor activities for the kiddos.
- Spend the day at the local community pool or splash pad.
- Schedule a day car trip to visit local attractions. Many people haven't even seen the top tourist attractions in their own town, let alone those within an hour or two of their home.
- Pack a picnic basket full of yummy treats and head to a local outdoor attraction. Be sure to pack Frisbees, or other games to keep everyone entertained for a few hours.
- Invite friends over for a day of art outdoors. You could set up several crafts tables, where each child could rotate, giving everyone a variety of options and great items to take home at the end of the day.
- Get the entire family involved in a landscaping project.
Regardless of what you decide to do, have fun and enjoy time spent in the sunshine with family and friends. Just don’t forget the sunscreen.