A Simpler Way to Pay
Apple Pay lets you make payments using your iPhone in over a million stores and counting.
Safe & Secure Payments
You can rest assured your payment information will be protected. When adding a card with Apple Pay, your actual credit and debit card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers, and cashiers won’t see names, credit card numbers or card security codes.
Make In-App Purchases
Additionally, you'll also be able to pay with your fingerprint in participating merchant apps.
Get Started with Apple Pay
To add your Ideal debit or credit card to Apple Pay, you'll need an iPhone 6 or later model with iOS 8.1 or later.
- Open the Passbook® app
- Swipe down and tap the plus sign.
- Use your iSight® camera to enter the card, or add it manually. Note: If your card is instant issue, you will be required to manually enter your card information.
For security reasons, we may need additional verification to activate your card on Apple Pay. If this occurs, please call us at 800-247-0857 during our business hours and we will assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Ideal Credit Union cards are eligible for Apple Pay?
title="How do I add my card to Apple Pay?
- Open Passbook on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select "Add a new Credit or Debit Card"
- Select the camera icon next to the field labeled "Card Number." This will allow you to take a photo of your card. Next, enter the security code found on the back of your card and fill in any remaining fields.
NOTE: If your card is not embossed (the numbers are not raised), you will need to enter your card information manually.
title="Why am I being asked to call the credit union to verify my card?
title="does Ideal Credit Union charge a fee when I use Apple Pay?
title="Where can I use Apple Pay?
title="How secure is Apple Pay?
Even though Apple Pay is proven to be safe and secure, rest assured that:
- Ideal Credit Union will continually monitor transactions to detect any fraudulent activity
- Your purchases are STILL protected by Zero Liability*
title="What should I do if my physical card is stolen?
title="What if my iPhone or iPad® is lost or stolen?
USEFUL TIP: Find My iPhone is an app that you can download to your device. Using this app, you can lock your device remotely wherever you may be. Learn more about this app on the Apple website.
title="What happens when my card expires?
When your current card loaded into Apple Pay expires, you will need to delete it and replace it with your new renewed card. There is no way to update expiration date and CVV code within the Apple Pay wallet.
If you still have questions regarding Apple Pay, please refer to the Apple Pay website.
*Certain restrictions apply. Please see www.mastercard.us/zero-liability.html for more details.