Becoming a Ideal CU member is easy. If you live, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in Anoka, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington counties, you are automatically eligible to join.
Those outside the six-county area are also welcome to join through a family member, or, by making a $5.00 donation to the John D. Miller Foundation.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will help us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. If applying by mail, you must include a photocopy of your government issued picture identification, which must be notarized by an authorized Notary Public.
Attention: Call Center
8499 Tamarack Road
Woodbury, MN 55125
Field of Membership
- Persons who live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in, or have business or other legal entity located in Anoka, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington counties
- Persons who donate to the John D. Miller Foundation
- Employees of the United States Postal Service
- Other employees of the US Postal Service in Minnesota who do not have a credit union operating within their immediate employee group
- Persons employed in or administered from the Main Post Office
- Employees of Ideal CU
- Relatives of current Ideal CU members