FSC Scholarship Opportunity
$18,000 in Scholarship Funds Up For Grabs — Apply by November 30th
Application deadline is November 30, 2023
The Foundation Scholarship Council (FSC) is excited to kick off the scholarship program!
Heads up Ideal Credit Union members! The FSC is offering 18 $1,000 scholarships to credit union members throughout Minnesota, nine to traditional applicants and nine to non-traditional applicants. Check out eligibility and details below or head over to the FSC Website to learn more and apply.
Scholarship applicants must be one of the following type of students:
- Traditional: Current high school or PSEO student graduating in 2024
- Non-traditional: Post high school student, current college student or those returning to post-secondary after some time off.
In addition, scholarship applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Enrolled or plan to attend an accredited, non-profit educational institution in an undergraduate or graduate program (both master and doctorate). Awards will not be disbursed until the student is accepted and enrolled in an accredited institution.
- Enrolled in at least one course at the accredited school during the scholarship application time frame.
- Individual must be a credit union member in good standing (as determined by your credit union) affiliated with the Minnesota Credit Union Network. The student must have a separate credit union account from their parents/guardian.
- Information provided on the application must be accurate and solely the authentic work of the applicant.
- Financial need is not considered in the selection of the scholarship recipients.
- Immediate family and household members of the Minnesota Foundation Scholarship Council are not eligible to enter.
- Applicants will be asked to approve that their names, words and/or photos can be used in various media to promote the credit union scholarship program.
Application & Essay Submission Guidelines
Applications must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time November 30, 2023. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Submit an essay not to exceed 500 words answering the essay question for this scholarship period. Transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered. Do not use your name or the name of your credit union in your essay or on the essay page. Essays that include your name or the name of your credit union will be automatically disqualified.
Who has inspired you for your personal growth, to make a positive difference and why?
Essay response should be 500 words or less.
Learn More about the MN Credit Union Foundation Scholarship Council.